Saturday, May 28, 2011

Week 18

week 18 photo
So here we are at week 18. I may end up changing the numbering again as I have another hospital ultrasound on Tuesday. The last one put the due date at October 25, which would technically make this Week 18, Day 4. If that date is again confirmed, I'll still do Saturday pictures just with updated titling.

basil seedlings
I'm not the only thing growing in our home. Last Saturday I bought and planted basil seeds in our seed sprouter apparatus. The packets said 7-14 days to sprout but they started peaking up a couple of days ago. We get direct sunlight only in the living room and all other attempts at non-houseplants have failed (and the houseplants are clinging on for dear life), still, I thought I'd be optimistic and try some herbs again this year. It would be nice to have some fresh things that I've grown. I may try sneaking them out onto the little ledge thing outside our bedroom window where the buildings connect (hard to describe but I'll take a picture if I do it.) They could then be outside, even though there's not a ton of direct light, yet still easily accessible for eating.

And speaking of eating!
bakery box
My darling Spouse dashed out this morning while I was making breakfast and came home with this lovely thing from our local bakery, Sweet Tooth. On Thursday he'd asked me not to buy cheesecake if I was going shopping on Friday, a rather random request, but one I took to mean he would be coming home with a nice big slice from Sweet Tooth for me on Friday. Well Friday comes and I decide not to go grocery shopping but to just come home and relax. He follows close behind with a pink bag from next door what does not have any cheese cake in it! Horrors! Yet little did I know...

And custom made too!
He had ordered this I think two weeks ago. Having never special ordered anything form them before, he thought it would be nice to try it out and get something for me. That is one HUGE cheesecake! The thing must weigh over five pounds! Fortunately I'm saved from eating the whole thing myself, not that I wouldn't make a valiant effort and try, but hosting our co-op dinner group tomorrow. I think even that ravenous bunch won't make too much of a dent in it though. But we'll have fun trying!

Thank you, my lovely husband.

2 comments:

  1. I've been missing you! Thanks for keeping up the blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure! I have ultrasounds from Tuesday to put up soon. Since I'm not feeling regular kicking, the US is the only way I get to tell it's moving around. And boy! does it move!

    ReplyDelete