Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hard to top that last post

Spouse's post made me weep. Right now I feel more pregnant when he is around rubbing my belly. I'm in that lull stage of the second trimester. Morning sickness has gone, I'm feeling much less tired (not actually falling asleep at my desk!), but the second trimester ardor increase hasn't quite gotten there yet and I can't yet feel the sprog moving. The only way I know I'm pregnant is to see my increasing size and through others' reactions.

Seeing my love's reaction every time he sees my growing belly, by breasts, my tears at nothing brings an unfathomable amount of joy to my heart. Every smile from him convinces me I made the right decision — in becoming pregnant, in marrying him, in taking the chance to start our relationship at all. And I know he'll be a wonderful father. He has too much love in him not to be.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, just discovered you had this blog and that you are expecting. Congratulations and how wonderful! Good luck and what a fun road ahead.
    It seems every one around be is betting 'with child'. Maybe its something in the water.
    Enjoy this 'baby growing' time and congrats to hubby as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We only just opened up this blog for public reading. Being of "advanced age" in terms of maternity meant I really needed to make sure things were going well before we could be completely public.

    Perhaps you'll take the plunge soon as well!

    ReplyDelete