Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy (American) Mother's Day

Since people are telling me that gestation counts, today is my first Mother's Day. Happy day to all the other mothers out there (and mothers of fur babies always count to me.) Spouse would rather we celebrate the UK Mother's Day which is the fourth Sunday in Lent, but in my head I'm sure I'll be counting this one to. Besides, I call my mother on this day so I'm bound to get at least one "Happy Mother's Day" in May.

Me on Mother's Day
I took the opportunity to celebrate today by sleeping in while I still can, eating leftover curry for breakfast and not planning a thing until I'd finished the book I was reading. O! sloth! But now I'm really up and at 'em, as it were. Dressed in my finest gigantic maternity shirt, hair set, barefoot and pregnant. I am ready to tackle the dishes!

This week promises to be a cleaning week. I ordered our new bed yesterday, the floating platform bed with bookcase headboard from Bedworks, and need to really clean the bedroom before it arrives. I'd hoped to get it before Spouse returned from the Libre Graphics Meeting in Montreal, but apparently the bed is made t order so may take two weeks if they haven't got the parts prepped in the warehouse. This gives me more time to procrastinate which is NOT what I need!

Speaking of procrastination, this was just meant to be a very quick update. There's a sink full of dishes calling out to me so I'd better get cracking!

Since I did take the picture but neglected to post it yesterday, here is the 15 week picture, complete with bow tie.
week 15

No comments:

Post a Comment