Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Routine Appointment Today

medical table
This morning I went for my monthly OB appointment. I finally got the results of the First Look test too which was odds of 1:2300 of abnormality. Very good odds indeed! I'm inclined to not risk an amnio with results like that. There's another hospital ultrasound I need in three weeks though so we've scheduled that as well. No in-room ultrasound at today's appointment, but I did get to hear the heart beat! I teared up, of course, but I've been crying about everything lately so that's no news.

Yesterday I left work early with a headache. The headache itself wasn't so bad but I got extremely light-sensitive and a bit nauseous. I checked with the doctor today on what I can take and Tylenol is okay in that it won't harm the baby. Apparently this is normal as my cardiovascular system is trying to adjust to new demands and headaches can be a side effect (I imagine that's where fainting comes in too.) I felt better after lying down with my eyes covered with a scarf for an hour (and 2 pills, swallowed, not covering my eyes) and then a little nap. I was still a little out of sorts last evening though. This morning, in spite of all the sleep I felt hung over and was glad I gave myself plenty of time to get ready.

So, that's all the news for today. I'm missing spouse terribly and now have to send him pictures of me since there are none of the sprog to send out.

No comments:

Post a Comment