Wednesday, March 23, 2011

More and more people in the know

Told a coworker and a friend yesterday our little news. Today Boss Man came in and started talking about business continuity and staffing so I figured I may as well let him know now too.

Every one has been very encouraging (natch), but Boss Man was especially pushing for as much prenatal care as I can get. His son was born very premature and he wishes they had thought to discuss options ahead of time rather than as things were happening. I've already scheduled the First Look ultrasound and blood test which looks at the risk of things like Downs, but now I definitely plan for the amnio too. Boss Man said it wasn't painful (for his wife) but the whole thing was rather emotionally scary. On the plus side of things, my lab results came in and everything is normal so far!

On the physical front, I seem to be having less morning sickness, although when I am sick it's for the whole day. My clothes are getting tight but I'm still not ready for maternity clothes. I'm going to have to do something about the underpinnings soon though as I'm really busting out (as it were.) My hips have also widened and I generally think I look lumpy. Time to get cracking on the sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment