Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Let's call it six weeks

Six weeks, at least until I hear otherwise from the OB.

So, six weeks! Nausea, nosebleeds, excessive thirst, constipation, cramps, exhaustion and weight gain! And that's just halfway through the first trimester!

My obsession for maternity clothes, which I don't yet need, is turning into an obsession for a new bed. We'll need somewhere for the sprog to sleep and a cosleeper seems the best option given the size of our apartment. Sprog can be right there next to me at night for easy feedings but not right in bed with us. The problem with this is that our current bed, a futon on a low frame is about five inches too low for even the lowest cosleeper I've seen. So, great excuse for a new bed, eh? I've slept on a futon for over a dozen years now so don't think I could go to a full-on mattress, but a platform bed might just fit the bill. Plus I've seen some with storage drawers and even nice headboards with shelves that could help organize things a bit.

But enough about beds, let's talk clothes! I'm obsessed with the Dalia Plaid Maternity Skirt at Due Maternity.
Dalia Plaid Maternity Skirt

It's a bit pricy, but exactly the sort of skirt I wear now and I could probably use it throughout the pregnancy and into postpartum.

I figure I could get away with a couple of skirts, a pair of jeans (not that I wear jeans now, but maternity jeans seem to look better than regular maternity pants) and some dresses. I still need to get sewing so some '40s maternity wrap dresses could be just the thing to round out (as it were) the wardrobe.

Later this month we'll be doing our first video blog. Spouse has been doing more videos on his site and wants us to vlog the pregnancy as well. The first one should be recorded on the 15th, the day of my first prenatal appointment. Shortly after that we will be telling family and then opening up the blog (if you're reading this, you're either Spouse or it's after family notification.)

Right, that's it for now. Time to go suck on a ginger candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment