Monday, July 11, 2011

Whoops!

I forgot to post my Saturday picture! Actually, I forgot to take the Saturday picture, so here is Sunday, before the pin curls came out.
Week 24 ,Day 5

Yesterday we had the second of our natural childbirth classes at Isis Parenting in Boston. I have to say, the class was better than expected. I felt like we learned a lot of strategies for getting through labour and that we both really have a plan now. JaLynn, the doula teaching the class was knowledgeable, funny and really personable. I highly recommend classes there if she's the standard of in instructor they get. If she did her doula work in this area, I'd hire her for that too in a heartbeat!

We also got a chance both weeks to browse around the Isis shop as well. We both loved the exercise balls in the class so much that we bought two for home. They're great as a computer chair or leg rest! One nice thing I've found as well is that sitting on one and hulaing my hips helps when I have RLS at night too. One thing we looked at but didn't buy was a baby carrier. Instead I decided to try and make a sling myself. I've actually blogged that separately over at my main blog urban earth mother.

This week I am determined to do something about my hand numbness. JaLynn said it was carpel tunnel so I'm going to call Harvard Square Shiatsu and see if they can get me in this week to work on it. In the mean time I have splints for both wrists that I'm trying to wear as much as possible.
I feel a bit like Robo-Girl with them on, but they are helping make typing less uncomfortable. Now if only they came in fashion colors...

And on a final note, speaking of fashion Fleur De Guerre's post on Maximum Glamour really hit home for me. I've been using the excuse of being uncomfortable pregnant in the summer to look rather frumpy lately. While I do wear lippy every day (and yes, I fully intent to give birth in red lipstick), my hair has been either in braids or a bun for far too long. Sunday some solid Victory Rolls made their return appearance to my head (with an encore at work today) and I really noticed a difference in how I felt. So while I am clearly a hippy at heart in terms of many of the parenting decisions we're making (co-sleeper, cloth nappies, breast milk for at least a year (hopefully longer), baby wearing) that little extra bit of glamour makes all the difference in how I feel about me. Shallow? Perhaps a bit, but you try being a bloated whale in July and you'll look for a little boost where you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment