Saturday, July 30, 2011

Week 27, Day 4

week 27 day 4
Picture heavy post today.
I'd like to say this was a great week, but it certainly didn't start out that way! On Monday I had an end of day meeting at work in a warm room that just got warmer as the meeting went on. The day was actually quite clement so I though just having the window open would be fine, but no. I ended up turning on the AC and standing over the vent for the last half hour. After the meeting I ran off to my chiropractor appointment which involved a wait for the B line in unairconditioned, packed Park Street station. By the time I crammed into the train I was ready to faint, not that the two seated men I was standing (swaying) in front of noticed. Fortunately, a woman a little further down the train did notice and as soon as it emptied out enough for either of us to move she gave me her seat (thank you random stranger!)

So suffice it to say I don't do well in heat.

After the chiro I went to buy some veggie hot dogs. Sprog is craving trashy food again and I really wanted chili-cheese dogs even though I was still feeling a bit ill. There was half a tube of Gimme Lean "beef" still in the refrigerator at home with which I could make chili too. Bad idea. It had been in there a little long I'd say. So on top of feeling faint and nauseous from heat, I ended up giving myself a bit of food poisoning to boot!

The following day I had an appointment at the hospital with the endocrinologist and decided to just go home after that to sleep more and recover rather than try to go to work. Things went well at the hospital and they want me to follow up in three weeks. I told her I'd make an appointment after seeing my OB. I'm still checking my blood sugar, but given there are no other indicators of GD, I'm still skeptical of their diagnosis.

squid drawing on belly
The rest of the week was rather uneventful. I'm gearing up for making a short movie with a friend in August. Next week we'll be running through the fight scene (yes, fight scene!) and we need to schedule read throughs of other scenes as well.

And speaking of performance, Spouse and I had the pleasure of joining our friends Walter Sicker and the Army of Broken Toys last night at The Middle East Downstairs. In addition to music, Walter is also a wonderful visual artist and I insisted that he decorate my belly for the show. He did a lovely portrait of us for his Inkdrip series last year as well that I bought Spouse for our last anniversary. While this is not the first time he's worked on skin, it's the first pregnant belly he's done and I think it turned out lovely.
squid drawing

I only wish I had a picture of the full outfit as I felt rather lovely myself. Unfortunately I can't seem to work the camera on my phone very well at 1:00am so I'll have to wait for Spouse to go through his and ask him to upload one. He looked quite dapper himself in bespoke suit and Christies bowler. With luck we'll see some nice pictures of us from the actual show as well.

That's all for now. Do enjoy your weekend! I'll leave you with this photo taken from the audience last night by our friend Randy.
stage swoon

No comments:

Post a Comment