Saturday, July 23, 2011

Makeup post

week 25, day 5
While I did take my picture last week (left,) I never did get around to posting it. The week was somewhat tough for me as I've been rather angry about some medical issues. I was diagnosed wit gestational diabetes and sent to see a nurse, dietitian and endocrinologist at the hospital. The nurse was okay, the dietitian good but I really didn't like the endocrinologist.

In my research I have found that different doctors use different parts of the scale to set our maximum blood sugar. Many, see 100 as a max fasting number, but mine says 90. 91-93 is FAR too high for her. This is not the only problem I have with her (much more is based on manner, such as grabbing and poking at my hands and feet without asking or saying what she was doing,) and after my next appointment on Tuesday I don't know if I'll see her again. Their office is only open Tuesdays 8:30-12 and the following week I have a morning OB appointment across town. I will talk instead with my OB, who I like and trust (not patronizing for one) and see if we can come to a good plan.

week 26, day 5
So other than changing my diet to low carb other things we've done is go in for an anatomy ultrasound. All organs present and correct! Sprog is on the small side though (the exact opposite of what's expected with GD) but still within normal range. We got some great views of the face, which took a bit as there was a lot of squirming going on in there. A very cute yawn and lip smacking happened though, which made us both melt.

week 26, day 5
In spite of the small size, sprog has moved up. Mobility is a bit of an issue for things such as getting out of taxis, or even off the couch. There has been a great deal of kicking going on this week too. Nothing hurts or is weird places like my ribs but there sure is a lot of activity! That and how wonderfully pregnant I look now is just thrilling. Every time I catch my reflection I just smile. We're going to have a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment