Monday, September 5, 2011

Sorry for not posting

It's felt like there's really been nothing new, but now that it's been two, nearly three weeks, I guess it's time to play catch-up.


I've been working on a short movie with a friend about a pregnant superhero. While the shooting schedule has been dragging (and that is partially my fault), it has been fun. The first scene we shot, a scene where I beat up two muggers, has so far taken the longest. It was also done outside on a hot day so not exactly comfortable. However, I got to work with one of my favourite "regulars" from Steve's pool of actors so that was a lot of fun. Generally I'm not in front of the camera so this was a really different way to work with these people.

The next scene we did was the costuming scene, which was done after work in my living room. Again I got to work with a friend which made things really comfortable and fun. Last night we knocked out three scenes with superhero's boyfriend/husband (it's not really clear in the script) and they went really well and really fast! The last scene we shot, the first one in the script, takes place in bed and I think Spouse was more comfortable with that when we got him to man the boom mic so he was observing the whole, not at all sexual scene. All-in-all, some good stuff was shot.

Unfortunately, some of the positions I got myself into to make the shots work were not really comfortable on a pregnant belly. I pretty much spent the rest of the night in pain. Spouse asked if he should cancel his plans and stay home with me but I didn't feel like there was any emergency situation looming so sent him out. I feel better today so clearly I just need to stretch out and moan for a few hours.

I notice I haven't blogged about baby showers yet either. There have been two so far. The first was up in Vermont, hosted by my mom. The shower itself was not a surprise but the guest list was. LOTS of gifties (including big things like car seat, co-sleeper and massive cloth diaper starter kit), food and swimming and generally a good time had by all.

Party number two was at work. This one was supposed to be a surprise but I knew about it a couple weeks in advance. I did my best to keep my knowing a secret but was unable to look suitably surprised when I got there. It didn't help that Spouse showed up and came to my office first. I had to remind him that it was supposed to be a surprise and he didn't seem at all shocked that I already knew. That party was fun too, especially getting the hand decorated onsies from the student workers. The Union Jack and computer ones were particularly appropriate. Party number three is upcoming and promises to be a blast.

Medical appointments are more frequent now. We've had yet another ultrasound and Sprog has moved up to 60th percentile, which the doctor was very pleased about. I have an appointment in two weeks and then will start weekly non-stress tests to monitor movement and heartbeat. This is routine but it will take a good chunk of time out of my days.

Right, that's enough blather I think. In spite of saying how I felt better, I have actually felt a bit under the weather generally this weekend so plan to spend some more time in bed (I actually had a rather long nap in the middle of writing this post) so I can be ready and rarin' to go for another week.

2 comments:

  1. I keep up on twitter & the like, but the posts are great to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think perhaps I should sleepy post. It's not like I do anything else practical in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete