Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Restless Leg

I'm up yet again with restless leg. This time I thought I'd do something slightly productive and blog while I rock on the exercise ball. This will probably be a quick post as I'm not quite so sharp when I wake in the middle of the night.

It's hard to believe that I have only six weeks left until Sprog goes from residing inside to outside. I'm not ready. We have everything we really need but I'm just not prepared to have an actual baby yet. I don't suppose one is ever prepared for a first child though. We haven't even decided on a name!

In terms of baby, all seems to be going well. I'm measuring right on schedule and there's plenty of movement. We've started weekly non-stress tests when I go in, lie down and get hooked up to monitors that track foetal heartbeat and movement. After a headache/blood pressure scare last week they decided to start me on this early. The headache turned out to be due to a stiff neck and the blood pressure is fine (our home monitor may be off) but I was told to ALWAYS call if I have a headache that doesn't respond to the piddling medication I can give it. We'll have another ultrasound in a couple weeks and after that it's pretty much just wait for baby to arrive at any time.

That's it for now. Next time I may talk about work, but it has been so busy/frustrating lately that I really don't even want to think about it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment