Friday, October 15, 2010

Private for now

I wanted to start this as private (although if you're reading this, then I've since opened it up) as I don't want the whole world to yet follow along on the parenting journey.

Yes, this is another parenting blog. I this case it is two computer geeks with nerdy vintage tendencies. This blog is a way to share with family and friends (and anyone who gives a shit) our plan to conceive, gestate, birth and raise a child (those middle two bits will be my job) in this crazy, mixed-up world. Don't worry, there are no plans to go into the details of conception. Suffice it to say we will be having a lot of fun trying.

Step one started today. I had my IUD removed and bought ovulation predictors. As I'm 40 years old (Spouse is on the cusp of 26) I really need to do this now if we're ever going to have a child biologically. The ovulation predictors are to hedge our bets and because peeing on sticks is loads of fun.

So that's a bit about this blog. I (or we) will go into more of the background later. We may even argue about child rearing here in the postings. We've only discussed things in vague terms so far, so who knows where this wll go.

Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment